CD data recovery?

Henry Spencer henry-lqW1N6Cllo0sV2N9l4h3zg at public.gmane.org
Mon Sep 20 04:30:34 UTC 2004

A low-tech :-) friend of mine asked me to inquire about this...

He's got a couple of CDs that are physically broken.  (Shouldn't have put
them in checked baggage...)  They're not mass-market items, and it would
be difficult to replace them without repeating some fairly expensive
travels.  Anybody know of an outfit hereabouts that could recover their
contents, either as data files or as duplicate disks?

(These are music CDs, as it happens, but I've come close to needing this
once or twice for damaged CDROMs, and now he's got me curious too.)

                                                          Henry Spencer
                                                       henry-lqW1N6Cllo0sV2N9l4h3zg at public.gmane.org