Odd HTML/JS question

Devin Whalen devin-Gq53QDLGkWIleAitJ8REmdBPR1lH4CV8 at public.gmane.org
Mon Sep 20 17:35:19 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-09-19 at 19:20, linux-5ZoueyuiTZhBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org wrote:
> Hiya,
>
>   I'm trying to get something working that has absolutely no useful
> purpose except that I am curious to see if it can be done... To that end
> I need to know if I can either tell a browser to scroll with a page as
> it loads (from the server) or have a table row (or something similar) be
> drawn above the previously drawn table cell (thus pushing the first
> table down).
>
>   Is there anyway anyone knows that this can be done using wierd or
> obscure html (I doubt it) or less than insanely complex javascript? I am
> open to wild ideas.
>
> Thanks all!!
>
> Madison
> --

Hey Madison,

I don't know if I totally understand what you want, but you can scroll a
window by using the window.scrollBy(dx,dy) dx being the number of pixels
to scroll to the right and dy the number of pixels down.  There is also
the window.scrollTo(x,y).  x is the x-coordinate to appear at the left
edge and y is the y-coordinate that appears at the top of the window.
As for the adding tables dynamically with js, you can use an elements
innerHTML, innerText and there are a few others...but they can't be done
until the page has fully loaded.  Hope that helps.

Later

--
Devin Whalen
Programmer