CD data recovery?

The Edge of the Ice jaaaarel-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Sep 20 05:28:20 UTC 2004

On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 00:30:34 -0400 (EDT), Henry Spencer
<henry-lqW1N6Cllo0sV2N9l4h3zg at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> He's got a couple of CDs that are physically broken.  (Shouldn't have put
> them in checked baggage...)  They're not mass-market items, and it would

If they're snapped, you may be SOL.  If they're just scratched, I've
seen "restorative"
compound used to make a disc re-readable.  It seems to work somewhat
like a cross
between a Zamboni and car wax: apply the cream, spread it around, let
it dry, polish it
off.  It usually leaves the surface of the disc a bit milky, but that
doesn't seem to affect
the readability (or at least it tends to be much more readable after
than before).

--
taa
/*eof*/