Relocating to Toronto

Tim Goodaire tgoodaire-zC6tqtfhjqE at public.gmane.org
Wed Sep 8 13:38:29 UTC 2004

Hello everyone,

I've just taken a new job in Toronto, and will be moving there from
Halifax around the beginning of October. I will be attending TLUG
meetings, and look forward to meeting you all.

I'm looking for some information, before I move to Toronto. I would like
to know what my options are for ISPs, and which ones you folks
recommend. In particular, do you know if any of them block port 25? All
of the ISPs here in Halifax do, which is rather annoying if you're a
geek who wants to run their own mailserver at home. What about
connection speeds? Customer service?

Also, I'm looking for a decent place to buy new and used computer gear.
Preferably, some place with knowlegable staff, and good prices.

Any other geeky recommendations would be great too!

Thanks,

Tim