cheap wireless router

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Wed Sep 8 15:30:50 UTC 2004

On Wed, Sep 08, 2004 at 03:51:56AM -0400, Sidney Shapiro wrote:
> Sent this a few hours ago and it has not yet posted, if it does, sorry for
> the double post. I am looking for a cheap (+/-$50) wireless B/G router. I
> saw a good one on factorydirect, but they don't have any  in my area. Any
> one know of a deal in north york or close by?

Well I picked up a USR 8054 (B/G router) for $95 with a $50 mail in
rebate at futureshop about 4 or 5 days ago.  not sure how long that
rebate offer is/was on for.

At the moment they appear to have the D-Link DI-524 on sale for $90 and
then they have a $40 mail in rebate, which I guess would bring it down
to around the $50 you are looking for.

It works great, although I had to go get the latest beta firmware to get
WPA encryption instead of just WEP.

Lennart Sorensen