linuxcaffe; thinkpad battery life

David J Patrick davidjpatrick-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Wed Oct 27 17:13:27 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-10-27 at 11:47, Taavi Burns wrote:

> Now that I think about it, I'd be much more worried about the battery life.
[snip]
> And batteries are not as cheap as you might like.
>
> Just keep that in mind. :)

Yes, that's a real concern. Other than flipping batteries faster then
burgers in a greasy spoon, there must be some solution.

-find someone to rebuild old batteries.
-come up with a "cheap" "portable" external power supply.
-maintain a fleet of batteries and make 110v power ubiquitous.

Have I overlooked anything ?
djp