Sympatico slow

Leigh Honeywell leigh-9JL22WV9E8YEaWwO4Jh2dQ at public.gmane.org
Wed Oct 20 05:45:12 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-10-19 at 20:32, JoeHill wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 20:05:08 -0400
> John McGregor disseminated the following:
>
> > lately from about 8:30pm  - 11:00pm it can take as much as 4
> > minutes ( I timed it) to transmit a plain text email with no
> > attachments.
>
> Yeah, same here, and even some timeouts connecting to their mail server. To get
> around that I just configured Postfix to relay through Sympatico's smtp
> server (instead of direct from my mail client), and I never got any timeouts
> from Postfix, all mail went through, no delays, and no watching the 'sending'
> dialogue in Sylpheed for eons.

Well, that explains my insane timeouts with FTP yesterday.  Thought I
was going nuts.  I'm on Sympatico via the U of T megabit access (I log
in with my library number instead of a b1 number) so mail is fine on
utcc.utoronto.ca, but everything else has been mad slow these last few
days.  Time to go to TFnet, methinks.

-Leigh