Sympatico slow

JoeHill joehill-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Wed Oct 20 00:32:46 UTC 2004

On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 20:05:08 -0400
John McGregor disseminated the following:

> lately from about 8:30pm  - 11:00pm it can take as much as 4
> minutes ( I timed it) to transmit a plain text email with no
> attachments.

Yeah, same here, and even some timeouts connecting to their mail server. To get
around that I just configured Postfix to relay through Sympatico's smtp
server (instead of direct from my mail client), and I never got any timeouts
from Postfix, all mail went through, no delays, and no watching the 'sending'
dialogue in Sylpheed for eons.

--
JoeHill RLU / #282046 / www.freeyourmachine.org
20:24:34 up 76 days, 20:14, 8 users, load average: 0.02, 0.20, 0.17