Palm synching.

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Tue Oct 19 19:47:24 UTC 2004

On Tue, Oct 19, 2004 at 03:18:37PM -0400, Vince Fry wrote:
> Along these lines, I just upgraded to a new Blackberry, and have been
> going crazy trying to find a solution to synch it without resorting to
> 'Doze. Has anyone come across something to accomplish this?

Well if you go to www.blackberry.com and ask for linux in the technical
FAQs the answer to the question "Is the blackberry supported with Linux"
is simply "No".

There are SDKs for it free too, but of course they are for writing
applications not for communicating with it,

It has taken RIM years to start having a mail server that would even
talk to anything other than MS Exchange, and so far getting sync support
on the Mac appears to require buying a $139US program to do it from a
3rd party.  They are anything but open about their protocols it would
seem, while being very open with application development info for
developers.

It seems so far the supported PDA on Linux is still PalmOS based, or
perhaps one of the Linux based ones (not sure).

Lennart Sorensen