Palm synching.

Vince Fry allroy10-Arjm76Ya4q7k1uMJSBkQmQ at public.gmane.org
Tue Oct 19 19:18:37 UTC 2004

Along these lines, I just upgraded to a new Blackberry, and have been going crazy trying to find a solution to synch it without resorting to 'Doze. Has anyone come across something to accomplish this?

Thanks!

--
Vince Fry

So I installed LINUX

On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 16:33:59 -0400
Robert Turcott <robt-JoPBQnXCRdTQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I need to get my palm (treo 600) synching with a usb connection.  I have
> struggled with it before and have got it part way there but really don't
> want to go through it from scratch again.  I had RH8.0 pretty well set
> up for a desktop at home but essentially reverted back to winXP and one
> of the main reasons is Palm synching.  I have a new install of FC3-test3
> for testing with our Progress DB server and would like to see if I can
> get the desktop setup to the point where I can finally switch (at home).
>   But I'm not going to go thru all that effort again if I can't get my
> palm going.
>
> Gnome-pilot is installed and set up with default ports, but I belive I
> need to link the usb port, to which my palm is connected, to /dev/pilot.
>   I don't remember a simple way to find that device.  Also, anyone have
> experience getting to point where you can actually do a hotsync install
> of software (i.e. a .prc or .pdb file) and archiving?
> Any help - or pointers to a CONSISE reference would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rob.
>

> --
> Robert Turcott
> SW Developer/SysAdmin
> Degama Systems Inc.
> 416-493-0059 x105
>

> --
> This mail from robt Certified Virus Free.

Vince Fry

So I installed LINUX