It's a scam [was Re:Penguin Days Toronto]

G. Matthew Rice matt-s/rLXaiAEBtBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Mon Oct 18 15:01:56 UTC 2004

cbbrowne-HInyCGIudOg at public.gmane.org writes:
> > says how much Linux solution will cost them.  I didn't know it would be
> > another scam.
>
> If they have to pay for facilities, that can easily chew most of the
> money all by itself.

Sorry, I just wanted to get people to read this ;)  It isn't really a scam.

However, I wouldn't want the $50 to be a burden for people that will _really_
help out.  So, CLUE is willing to sponsor two(2) people to go to Penguin Day.
Perhaps 'GTA Linux User Group Inc.' [is that the name?] could do the same.

Anyone that wants to take up this offer should contact Noah about it [sorry,
Noah ;)].  I trust him to handle the selection criteria and the selection
should there be more than two people that want to be sponsored.  So tell him
what you hope to accomplish or do at Penguin Day and have fun.

Regards,
--
g. matthew rice <matt-s/rLXaiAEBtBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org>         starnix, thornhill, ontario, ca
phone: 905-771-0017 x242                                  gpg id: EF9AAD20