Penguin Days Toronto

cbbrowne-HInyCGIudOg at public.gmane.org cbbrowne-HInyCGIudOg at public.gmane.org
Mon Oct 18 01:00:33 UTC 2004

> On Sun, Oct 17, 2004 at 02:58:47PM -0400, Noah John Gellner wrote:
> > If you purchase in advance the fee is $50. The fee goes to facitlities,
> > food, and travel expenses for some presenters.  The event is not
> > planned as a money maker and organizers, including myself, are mostly
> > volunteer.
>
> Presenting what?  I thought this was informal get-together between NGOs
> and Linux guys, sort of pre-RFP.  They tells us their problems, and we
> says how much Linux solution will cost them.  I didn't know it would be
> another scam.

If they have to pay for facilities, that can easily chew most of the
money all by itself.

You're being WAY too quick to point at it being a scam.  That's a four
letter word that should only be brought up if there's pretty clear
indication that someone is committing fraud, which is the four letter
word that has five letters.
--
(reverse (concatenate 'string "moc.liamg" "@" "enworbbc"))
http://www.ntlug.org/~cbbrowne/linux.html