Linux evangelization

Francois Ouellette fouellet-cpI+UMyWUv9BDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Fri Oct 15 01:58:37 UTC 2004

Hello,

I am new to this Group and to the wonderful world of Linux but have lots
of experience in the Unix world and other operating systems and related
software.

Linux is gaining momentum, slowly but surely, in the business world. It is
worth mentioning that many business-class applications and software
packages are available on Linux now, including Oracle and many application
development tools coming from the big names, who also offer Linux on their
boxes (Intel and proprietary architecture).

For Unix people who want to get away from proprietary Unix (and costs)
Linux is surely the way to go, Windoze is too much a wide gap to go
through. Plud you end up in another proprietary environment. Linux is even
available on "mainframe" Intel technology offered by Unisys in 32 and
64-bit versions from reputed Linux distributors. Yeah, but what about
support? Well, instead of getting "support" from one vendor for a fee you
get support from tens of thousands of enthusiasts that are just a
keystroke away through internet. How about that for 24x7 support!

Happy presentation,

 François Ouellette
<fouellet-cpI+UMyWUv9BDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org>