TLUG Inc? Membership Dues?

cbbrowne-HInyCGIudOg at public.gmane.org cbbrowne-HInyCGIudOg at public.gmane.org
Mon Oct 11 03:15:54 UTC 2004

> cbbrowne-HInyCGIudOg at public.gmane.org writes:
> >  e) [not really related to the others]  According to whois,
> >     tlug.org is held by an "Adrian Buss" of Kemptville.
> >     I'm not at all sure how that weighs in.
>
> My understanding [from someone that knows Adrian], is that he's
> offered to 'hand over' tlug.org a couple [or more] years ago.  It just
> seems that no one has taken him up on the offer.

If there can't "legally" be an organization in Toronto called TLUG, then
it's somewhat irrelevant.

> > I am certainly aware that there are a number of people that don't
> > particularly get along with Drew.  That merely establishes that there
> > could be some "opposition," but not that there's any real would-be
> > alternative organization lurking in the wings.
>
> Well, now it's just getting downright provocative.  I may pay my $10
> or whatever it is to join just to watch this show.
>
> PS - Can Thamer join or is there something in the by-laws about him :)
>      We may as well go for a trifecta.

I'm not aware of any "anti-Thamer" clause.  It makes no sense to try to
"legislate" things like that.  Any time people _can't_ come together in
good will, the simplest answer is generally to not bother trying to come
together.  Any time people can't get along, they might as well stay
apart.

For there to be some "constructive" opposition that has some different
notion of the right shape of how to lead local efforts by those
interested in Linux could be a good thing.

But the sort of opposition that amounts to a return to the "days of
flame" seems pretty much like seeding the ground with salt and kerosene
and then throwing in a match.  The likelihood of anything useful
surviving that is minimal, and it would be unlikely reflect well on
whatever troublemakers were involved in such seeding.
--
(format nil "~S@~S" "cbbrowne" "gmail.com")
http://www.ntlug.org/~cbbrowne/internet.html