Organizing TLUG/newTLUG

David J Patrick davidjpatrick-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Sun Nov 7 01:27:46 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-11-06 at 13:15, Bill Mudry wrote:
> The truly happy situation would be to see attendance growing in both TLUG
> and MissLUG ... and even others in Ontario.
So true !

> In a similar situation, I have a life membership in a wood collecting
> society (... I have a collection of over 1850 species of wood). There
> are members who have been quite concerned because membership is declining.
> Some of the executive members have been going
> about saying how concerned they are about dropping numbers --- but do just
> about squat for years toward having proper marketing
> and promotion in place.
Then you must be famiar with the great "Lee Valley Tools". Consider
writing an article on your group and send it to Lee valley for possible
submission in an upcoming catalog !
http://www.leevalley.com/home/main.asp

On Sat, 2004-06-11 at 10:40 -0500, John Moniz wrote:
> >We have just gone through an excessively lengthy thread about someone's
> >considerable effort to try to establish a caffe that would act as the hub
> >of LUG activity in the area. Before the floor polish is even dry, we now
> >have another effort in an entirely different direction.

Sorry you found the thread "excessively lengthy", John.

> No, no, no. How many times <sigh> do I have to keep saying that none of
> this is at ALL meant to be a competition for the caffe effort??
> How many times do I have to repeat that I have thought the caffe as a
> centralized location is a GREAT IDEA!?

I must admit Bill, that at first I "got my back up", but now I totally
see where you're coming from.. Mississauga ! :)

> Despite what perhaps some may think, the whole world does not revolve
> around Toronto.

That's true ! just the Northern Hemisphere !
(kidding, Bill, kidding, I grew up in Montreal, nuff said ? :)
We shouldn't have to compete for membership, but co-ordinate and
co-operate. The memberships will increase or decrease with the success
or failures of the OSS phenomenon. All we can do is be enthusiastic,
understanding and inclusive.
djp