Organizing TLUG/newTLUG

Bill Mudry billmudry-MwcKTmeKVNQ at public.gmane.org
Sun Nov 7 02:03:05 UTC 2004

aAt 08:27 PM 11/6/04 -0500, you wrote:
>On Sat, 2004-11-06 at 13:15, Bill Mudry wrote:
> > The truly happy situation would be to see attendance growing in both TLUG
> > and MissLUG ... and even others in Ontario.
>So true !
> >
>submission in an upcoming catalog !
>http://www.leevalley.com/home/main.asp

A good start. Often local newspapers will accept or even author community
interest stories and provide exposure -- for *free*. Hmmm .... right in
line with
the pricing of Open Linux ;-). What about articles or ads in HUB (that replaced
Toronto Computes)?

>On Sat, 2004-06-11 at 10:40 -0500, John Moniz wrote:
> > >We have just gone through an excessively lengthy thread about someone's
> > >considerable effort to try to establish a caffe that would act as the hub
> > >of LUG activity in the area. Before the floor polish is even dry, we now
> > >have another effort in an entirely different direction.
>
>Sorry you found the thread "excessively lengthy", John.
> >
> > No, no, no. How many times <sigh> do I have to keep saying that none of
> > this is at ALL meant to be a competition for the caffe effort??
> > How many times do I have to repeat that I have thought the caffe as a
> > centralized location is a GREAT IDEA!?
>
>I must admit Bill, that at first I "got my back up", but now I totally
>see where you're coming from.. Mississauga ! :)
>
> > Despite what perhaps some may think, the whole world does not revolve
> > around Toronto.
>
>That's true ! just the Northern Hemisphere !
>(kidding, Bill, kidding, I grew up in Montreal, nuff said ? :)

Hehe ..... I guess you have not met our fiesty major Hazel Mcallion.

>We shouldn't have to compete for membership, but co-ordinate and
>co-operate. The memberships will increase or decrease with the success
>or failures of the OSS phenomenon. All we can do is be enthusiastic,
>understanding and inclusive.
>djp

Well said.
Bill