Organizing TLUG/newTLUG meeting for Tuesday

Bill Mudry billmudry-MwcKTmeKVNQ at public.gmane.org
Sat Nov 6 18:25:36 UTC 2004

At 12:06 PM 11/6/04 -0500, you wrote:
>On Sat, 2004-06-11 at 10:40 -0500, John Moniz wrote:
>
>On the one hand, I know where you're coming from.  As a group, we don't
>want to get ourselves spread to thin.  However, as a new TLUGger (and a

Surely there is a limit to how far people can or wish to travel. Fuel costs
have risen considerably. Return travel also becomes an issue, especially if
the meeting is during the week and people have to get their sleep for the
next day at work. Baby sitting can also be more an issue as time extends
being away during an evening. There are practical issues the further away
a person has to travel to attend. Those without their own transportation
quickly find it takes a lot longer time to travel by public transportation.

>NewTLUGger too i guess, har har) I'm seeing so much activity here, and
>think we could very well do geographically specific meetings.
>
>Does TLUG do any advertising?  Posters around the campuses (I'd be glad
>to put some up at U of T)? Listings in things like NOW and EYE?  Perhaps
>we should think about this before we count out the idea of having a
>meeting that could be way more convenient for some people :-)

Glad to see someone else that sees it is more important to promote TLUG
than be concerned about possible success of another LUG some distance
away that can server even farther points west. Any organization has to
have a marketing and promotions plan in action if it wishes to grow. It is
worth even having an officer responsible just for that.

>just my $0.02

$200.00 in my view :-)

>-Leigh

Bill