Install problem with Debian Sarge

Gilles Fourchet gilles.fourchet-zzOxFVvAfJPQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Mon May 31 21:50:17 UTC 2004

Hi all,

I would like to install Sarge on a PC.  Actually, I would like to
compile a 2.6 kernel but, as it needs the module-init-tools package and
this module is not available with Woody, I assume that I have to go with
Sarge.

Anyway, as this is not a problem for me, let's go for it.  I did a
sucessfull install a couple of weeks ago using the Beta 4 floppy disks
(my machine is so old that it cannot boot on a CD).  I am currently
trying to reinstall it and it is not working anymore: the ID modules
(ide-mod, ide-detect, ide-generic, etc.) are not installed anymore and
then, when it is time to partition my disk, I have of course no disk to
partition.

Did you have encounter this problem and, if yes, did you find a solution?

Thanks,

Gilles