which distro for multitrack sound?

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Wed May 26 15:24:13 UTC 2004

On Tue, May 25, 2004 at 10:40:29PM -0400, Chris Aitken wrote:
> David Colebatch wrote:
>
> >Chris Aitken wrote:
> >
> >>The Foreplay:
> >>
> >>I want to record music in linux. I'm thinking of Audactiy because
> >>it's easy to get and looks like what I want ? a multitrack recorder.
> >>
> >You have got to check out http://www.agnula.org/index2_html
>
> Thanks. I read a few pages at that site. Agnula's ReHMuDi looks like
> just the ticket! It looks like a friend on this list is mailing me a
> copy on CD. I might try DeMuDi. Debian scares me -- I have a stabel
> installation that someone did for me, but I tried to install it once and
> got hung at the sixth (or whichever) screen...

I thought DeMuDi was Debian Music Distribution?  I thought it had died
out again having not heard of it in a long time.

The 2.6 kernels in debian testing are pretty low latancy too, and
probably have better support than the low latency patches.

> >This shouldn't be too much of a problem. You should also be able to
> >disable the onboard sound in the BIOS.
>
> Oh. I think the guy that installed sarge beta tried that but I won't
> swear to it.

There was no reason to.  ALSA happily runs both, in this case with the
SB as the primary card.

Lennart Sorensen