Questions about UPS+surge protector

Stewart C. Russell scruss-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Sat May 15 14:12:47 UTC 2004

Taavi Burns wrote:

> I had dirty, bouncy, and spiky power out in Scarberia a few years ago.

We still have weird blackouts at Kennedy and Eglinton. Not quite as many
as we had when we first came here (it used to be one hours-long blackout
every month or so), but it's still a bit iffy. We had an underground
power cable blow near the SRT last week, which was amusingly loud.

We've done okay without UPSs and surge protectors, so far.

And anyway, what's with this crazy country that the power goes out every
time it rains a bit? We lost power to what the news called a "Severe
Storm", but what we in Scotland call "Autumn".

  Stewart