SuSE 9.1 nvidia driver woes

jmyshrall-6duGhz7i8susTnJN9+BGXg at public.gmane.org jmyshrall-6duGhz7i8susTnJN9+BGXg at public.gmane.org
Wed May 12 03:54:28 UTC 2004

On 10 May 2004 at 20:38, JoeHill wrote:

> On Mon, 10 May 2004 19:43:38 -0400
> Byron L. Sonne disseminated the following:
>
> > I'm otherwise enjoying my new suse 9.1 setup, but I've got a problem
> > with the nvidia drivers. I can't get 3d acceleration, and that's
> > after following both SuSE and Nvidia's driver installation
> > documentation. I've done this all by the book, I swear, and it still
> > keeps bitching at me to install the nvidia stuff so I can enable 3d
> > support.
> >
> > I'm wondering if anyone else has run into this. Feh.
>
> What driver does it show is being loaded in your
> /etc/X11/XF86Config-4?
>
> Should be under 'Section "Device"',  'Driver "nvidia"'
>
> --

And you must also remove load "dri",  load "Glcore" and add in
load "glx" save the file and then restart X. You should get an Nvidia
screen if it worked.

Consult /usr/share/doc/nvidia-glx-src/readme

The other thing you may have to consider is /usr/lib/tls/libGL..so.1
and libGLcore.so.1 these files may be still in use (linked) and may
have to be renamed to activate the new files.

eg mine is  /usr/lib/tls/libGLcore.so.1.0.5336 and libGL..so.1.5336

Sorry for the win post

HTH

John