Static IP

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Wed May 5 20:08:51 UTC 2004

On Wed, May 05, 2004 at 03:46:02PM -0400, Robert Brockway wrote:
> I'm getting 1.7Mbps download from iStop.  Proof by means of several large
> downloads over a period of 24 hours.  A friend is getting 3Mbps I
> believe.  Depends on line quality.

My parents are getting iStop in the next week or so, on a line rated to
support 4Mbit according to the availability database, so I will have to
see what the 3.5MBit service can really do.

> Yep, same with iStop.

Yeah, handy feature of ADSL.

> They are.  It is explicitly allowed in the AUP.

They do of course reserve the right to block a port if unreasonable
amounts of traffic starts to flow.  So if you run a windows server and
get the latest outlook virus that starts sending 100000 emails per
second, expect something to be blocked real quick. :)

Lennart Sorensen