Static IP

Robert Brockway robert-5LEc/6Zm6xCUd8a0hrldnti2O/JbrIOy at public.gmane.org
Wed May 5 19:46:02 UTC 2004

On Wed, 5 May 2004 talexb-SBdzbUvMQDunS0EtXVNi6w at public.gmane.org wrote:

> Well, to be pedantic, it's the copper that's achieving that speed, not the
> phone itself. And I think the numbers are 3Mbps/800Kbps at the top end.
> 300Mbps would be lovely but I think I'd want to see some proof.

I'm getting 1.7Mbps download from iStop.  Proof by means of several large
downloads over a period of 24 hours.  A friend is getting 3Mbps I
believe.  Depends on line quality.

> > 2. If I use internet through phone line, can I use phone in the same time.
>
> I have Sympatico DSL at home, and the phone and the Internet work at the

Yep, same with iStop.

> > The reason I need a static IP is I want to build my home webpage on my
> > server. Later on I can do some labs such as building DNS, LAN, FTP
> > ,ISP etc.
>
> If istop.com is OK with all that, then go for it.

They are.  It is explicitly allowed in the AUP.

Rob

--
Robert Brockway B.Sc. email: robert-5LEc/6Zm6xCUd8a0hrldnti2O/JbrIOy at public.gmane.org, rbrockway-cFo9iiqjkw8eIZ0/mPfg9Q at public.gmane.org