Create a boot cd

Robert Brockway robert-5LEc/6Zm6xCUd8a0hrldnti2O/JbrIOy at public.gmane.org
Wed May 5 14:13:49 UTC 2004

On Tue, 4 May 2004, Sergio Salvi wrote:

> MondoRescue (http://www.mondorescue.org/) might be the solution for you.
> It will create a bootable CD of your installed Linux and then you can
> restore it in another machine, as a clone. If one CD (or DVD) is not
> enough for your data, it will split in many CDs/DVDs. Just be aware of
> cross-platform restores, like from a i686 (Athlons, Pentium III, etc) to
> a i586 (AMD K6).

Hi Sergio.  I can't think of any cases where a Linux distro drops specific
userspace binaries on a box based on the cpu subtype (excluding Gentoo
which compiles all bins).  The kernel may well be different but if a nice
generic i386 kernel is installed and booted before the process is started
all should be well.

Rob

--
Robert Brockway B.Sc. email: robert-5LEc/6Zm6xCUd8a0hrldnti2O/JbrIOy at public.gmane.org, rbrockway-cFo9iiqjkw8eIZ0/mPfg9Q at public.gmane.org