Create a boot cd

Sergio Salvi lists3-8OOxOvJoDXDLSf97qRSy8VAUjnlXr6A1 at public.gmane.org
Tue May 4 20:16:07 UTC 2004

MondoRescue (http://www.mondorescue.org/) might be the solution for you. It will create a bootable CD of your installed Linux and then you can restore it in another machine, as a clone. If one CD (or DVD) is not enough for your data, it will split in many CDs/DVDs. Just be aware of cross-platform restores, like from a i686 (Athlons, Pentium III, etc) to a i586 (AMD K6).

It's like a Norton Ghost for Linux :)

[]s,
Sergio Salvi.