Create a boot cd

Taavi Burns taavi-LbuTpDkqzNzXI80/IeQp7B2eb7JE58TQ at public.gmane.org
Tue May 4 20:15:46 UTC 2004

On Tue, May 04, 2004 at 04:09:49PM -0400, Ladislav Svatos wrote:

> You can use Mondo to create a bootable CD backup and restore it on another
> computer. This, of course, assumes that the hardware is identical.

Or at least close enough.  Linux seems to do a pretty good job of handling
hardware changes between boots, particulalry with those distros that
autoprobe devices on each boot.  IIRC Mondo fully supports rearranging
partitions for Linux reinstalls, so identical HDs aren't even a requirement.

--
Taavi Burns

"Please get out of the car, sir."
         "Oh, that won't be necessary.  I'm the D.D."
"The designated driver?"
                          "No, the designated decoy."
/*eof*/