Way OT: video formats (was Re:Video capture card)

Fraser Campbell fraser-eicrhRFjby5dCsDujFhwbypxlwaOVQ5f at public.gmane.org
Tue May 4 14:04:22 UTC 2004

On Tuesday 04 May 2004 09:44, Lance F. Squire wrote:
> > Also, is it better to burn in AVI or
> > MPEG-2 format?
>
> AVI is just a wrapper for many different formats. Cinepak, indeo, etc...
>
> It is(was?) known to have a size limit, which could bite you. Hopefully
> someone with more experience on this than me could help here.

I need to put a video of about 10 minutes up on a website.  Does anyone have
suggestions on the best way to present this (I'd rather not resort to
anything like realserver)?

Obviously small size is important and the ability to have it play as it
downloads (I suppose most video players are capable of that?).