fstab file

Mel Seder melseder-/E1597aS9LQAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Mar 22 03:11:13 UTC 2004

The following line sets up my flash drive for use.  In Fedora CORE 1 I
right click on my desktop,  go to disks and click on the flash entry
and a disk icon appears on the desktop for me to write and read from.
If I change the noauto to auto would that put it on the desktop for me
at login time?  I don't want to muck things up.

/dev/sda1    /mnt/flash              auto    noauto,owner,kudzu,rw 0 0

Also thanks to Taavi Burns & others from TLUG I was confident that had
a USB 2.0 port.  It works under XP although not quite as fast as I
expected.

I went out this afternoon and purchased a SanDisk ImageMate USB 2.0
Reader/Writer for CompactFlash type I & II.

What entry in /etc/fstab is needed to set the above SanDisk
Reader/Writer up.  If you need more information I'd be glad to get it
if you tell me how :-)

=====
The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him
absolutely no good. -Samuel Johnson, lexicographer (1709-1784)