Motherboard recommendation?

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Sun Mar 21 14:44:16 UTC 2004

On Sat, Mar 20, 2004 at 09:52:30PM -0500, gabriel wrote:
> i've always been an asus fan.  more expensive, but mine's lasted about 4years
> without even a hiccup.  and that's after a great deal of meddling on my
> behalf, new ram, new heatsync, various other hardware changes etc.

My parents firewall is still running on a 12 year old asus 486 board.
Back then they didn't even put their name on the board, just the model
info.  The box was blue with a rainbox, but no asus name anywhere.  I
only found out the brand a couple of years later when someone got a
pentium Asus board and it had the same box with the rainbox, but said
Asus.  I then found the 486 model listed on their website.  I have stuck
with Asus ever since.

Lennart Sorensen