most TLUG members send email from MSWin

Paul King pking123-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Sun Mar 7 02:07:58 UTC 2004

> On Sat, Mar 06, 2004 at 05:49:33PM -0500, Paul King wrote:
> > I use mail on both OSes, but unfortunately, mail has been stored for
> > years on the Windows (NTFS) partition. So, it has become a habit to
> > the only use Evolution for downloading without deleting mail from the
> > server and occasionally sending mail; where Pegasus (the Windows
> > client) is used as my permanent mail archive. Automated mail sorting,
> > spam filtering, and distribution list creation are far better on
> > Pegasus than on Evolution or other UNIX-based mailers I've used.
>
> Nonsense...  Procmail, Mutt, Tin.

Didn't know Linux had a mail client called "Nonsense". Or maybe that's the spam
filter :o)

Seriously though, my experience with UNIX console-type mailers have originally
been either PINE or ELM, using fetchmail to do the "fetching". Before that I
could use plain old "mail" to send mail, and I even use that nowadays on
occasion. For distro lists, plain, vanilla "mail" would IMO be the easiest
client for me, since I need only write a shell script with a list of email
addresses, and I have myself a distribution list. There are many other features
Pegasus has, however, that make me want to stick with it. For one thing, it is
much easier to set up than these other clients.