NewTLUG location [was: applause for Emma Jane Hogbin...]

Stewart C. Russell scruss-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Fri Jun 25 13:10:21 UTC 2004

Peter Hiscocks wrote:
>  But there is a chicken-and-egg issue - until the number of
> bicyclists reaches a critical mass, many people are afraid to ride a bike.

And until there's a certain level of cycling, motorists don't treat them
as legitimate road users.

> It's still pretty dangerous in Toronto to ride a bike in the burbs, in my
> opinion, but it's safe and very convenient in the core.

I used to commute Scarborough->Markham and Scarborough->Downtown.  It's
only fractionally slower than the TTC, and much more fun. I didn't dig
those semi-trucks too much when I was on my recumbent, tho'.

Somewhere on this list is a brave soul who bikes out to IBM's Highway
7/Warden location.

  Stewart