Bell Sympatico Speed Stream modem: won't talk to Ethernet card

Frank Peng frank_peng_01-/E1597aS9LQAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sat Jul 31 13:52:14 UTC 2004

Hi,All!

Is any body there get success with a Sympatico Speed
Stream modem made by Effecient Networks company?

I saw the Ethernet card kicks the modem 3 times. The
modem won't response to it. I checked the Ethernet
card by ifconfig, it has sent out 3 pockets but
received nothing.

When I run DEBUG=1 adsl-start, in the bottom of the
report, I can see only 3 PADI pockets are sent out
from the Ethernet card. I used different cards and
different computers. The same thing. I called
Sympatico, they are saying my modem is perfect working
and they cannot help with Linux. I am using rp-pppoe
3.5. Cannot find anything newer than this.

Thanks a lot!

Frank Peng.