linux compiler tools for C

Henry Spencer henry-lqW1N6Cllo0sV2N9l4h3zg at public.gmane.org
Sat Jul 24 02:48:09 UTC 2004

On Fri, 23 Jul 2004, Zbigniew Koziol wrote:
> I am a stupid immigrant here. But still I am sensitive to language. Is
> it used in English to write in lowercase the first letter of the
> sentence?  "i", I guess, should also be in capital?

Both should indeed be capitalized; you are correct.  There are people who
think it doesn't matter, perhaps because they have failed to grasp that
the purpose of postings is to communicate and this is best done by using
standard English.

(Although, in fairness, there *are* people whose sloppy capitalization,
poor spelling, etc. come from being handicapped in some way.  For example,
there are people with muscle-control problems who can only barely type at
all, at painfully low speed, and who know they're making mistakes but find
it impractical to fix them all.  It's best to reserve judgement until you
know whether an apparently-sloppy person is in fact such an unfortunate.)

                                                          Henry Spencer
                                                       henry-lqW1N6Cllo0sV2N9l4h3zg at public.gmane.org