DVD stuff (was Re:CD burner not working with cd-rw anymore)

Fraser Campbell fraser-eicrhRFjby5dCsDujFhwbypxlwaOVQ5f at public.gmane.org
Wed Jul 21 19:30:02 UTC 2004

On July 21, 2004 03:03 pm, Lennart Sorensen wrote:

> PlexWriter Premium (what I use at home)
> Plextor PX712A (or SA if you can get it and have SATA connectors) for
> all types of DVD media.  We use a PX708A at the office and it's just
> lovely.  I even upgraded firmware under linux (which I don't think any
> other brand can do).

Yeah, I was pinching pennies hoping one day the Plextor would come down in
price but I saw Greytech's ad for the Pioneer, got Pioneer and Plextor
confused and by the time I realized the difference couldn't talk myself out
of it.  Last I saw the Px708A was around $250.

Do you burn a lot of DVDs?  Any media recommendations?  I'm only using it for
backup purposes right now.  I done all of my testing with Memorex DVD+RWs and
haven't come across any issues, I also have a bunch of DVD+Rs but I don't
recall the brand right now.