CD burner not working with cd-rw anymore

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Wed Jul 21 19:03:52 UTC 2004

On Wed, Jul 21, 2004 at 02:06:50PM -0400, Devin Whalen wrote:
> Thanks for the reply.  The funny thing is, I was just looking at that
> line :)..but I thought the 6 and 4 where write speeds to any CD media
> and the 32 was read.  Thanks for the clarification.  I was messing
> around in my computer the other day before all this started and was
> worried that I hooked something up wrong.  I was going to start taking
> things apart....thank god for this mailing list!!
>
> Thanks for the help.  Now I just have to convince my wife that we need a
> new cd-burner :).

Well personally my favourite drives at the moment are:

PlexWriter Premium (what I use at home)
Plextor PX712A (or SA if you can get it and have SATA connectors) for
all types of DVD media.  We use a PX708A at the office and it's just
lovely.  I even upgraded firmware under linux (which I don't think any
other brand can do).

Lennart Sorensen