CD burner not working with cd-rw anymore

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Tue Jul 20 16:34:48 UTC 2004

> Thanks for your reply.  Yeah, I never thought of that :).  However, I
> did try a cd that it worked with before...however I think that that cd
> might not be in great shape.  That is why I bought the new cds.  It says
> on the package that they are 4x-12x.  I am pretty sure that my burner
> can do 2x and 4x and 6x.  If this is true that should be ok right?  This
> is my cd burner at home so I will have to check when I get home for
> sure.  Maybe I should force it to do 6x?

Well what speed does the drive do CD-R and what speed does it do CD-RW.
The drive always has different speeds for the two types.

In my experience, the CD-RW speed is either, 1-4x or 4-10x or something
higher.

If the media says 4-12x, then it requries a drive that is CD-RW
highspeed compatible, not one that does 1-4x CD-RW.

What model is the CD writer?

I suspect it is probably getting harder to find media for the old CD-RW
drives that only do up to 4x.  Of course with the price of a modern CD
writer, who cares?

Lennart Sorensen