CD burner not working with cd-rw anymore

Duncan MacGregor dbmacg-j4iOX5ZKO4mumhQq9Hcxfg at public.gmane.org
Tue Jul 20 22:09:22 UTC 2004

You should try to re-use a CDRW disk that you wrote on this drive before.

If you cannot use an old CDRW now, it mey well be a hardware failure of the
drive. Then you need a new drive.

I have had a drive in which at first CDRWs fail, and then only certain colour
CDRs would work. (It didn't like green. I was told this was nonsense.)

Throughout all this, HP assured me that the problem was Adaptex/Roxio
software. I went   through many, many software upgrades, to no avail. When
the drive finally failed utterly, it was  just out of warranty. HP then told
me that the laser had failed gradually, "becoming weaker".

Duncan