umount refusing to unmount /dev/cdrom

Scott Elcomb Scott.Elcomb-iRg7kjdsKiH3fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org
Tue Jul 20 04:23:35 UTC 2004

> Okay, I'll ask the dumb questions first... my apologies if you've done
> this already.

Lol.  No apologies necessary - in a lot of ways, I'm still a newbie with
basic *nix.  Most of the time I've spent with linux in the past 2 years
has been focused more on perl than linux.  (The rest I'm learning as I
need it.)

> 1) have you done lsof to check for anything open on the mount point?
> i.e. are you sure everything (including the terminal you're in) isn't
> touching the cdrom?

I've never really used or needed lsof (at least not until now.)

> 2) have you tried eject /dev/cdrom ?
Tried it, and again got:
  eject: unable to eject, last error: Invalid argument

however this time the disk did eject.

Thanks, and will have to look into lsof a bit.  :)

Take care,
- Scott.

--
https://sourceforge.net/projects/avalonweb/