Damian Conway talk on Monday is at 6:30pm

Richard Dice rdice-e+AXbWqSrlAAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sun Jul 18 14:30:44 UTC 2004

Hello everyone...

It was pointed out to me last night that one of my previous messages
said that the Monday Damian talk was at 4pm.  This is wrong!   Here is
the correct info:

Talk:       "Small Miracles"
Time:       Monday 19 July 2004, 6:30pm - 9pm
Location:   Room S1208
             Stephen E Quinlan Building, Seneca @ York
             70 The Pond Road
             York University
             Toronto, Ontario
             http://www.yorku.ca/yorkweb/maps/york2d/  (Look for bldg#40)
Details:    http://to.pm.org/damian/

This is Damian's fun/crazy talk for his visit here this summer (c.f.
'Quantum::Superpositions' in 2001, 'The Horror that is SelfGOL' and
'Life, The Universe and Everything' in 2002.)

*** Special note *** -- There will be an auction of 3 O'Reilly books
(Perl Cookbook 2nd Ed., Template Toolkit, Perl CD-ROM Bookshelf + Perl
in a Nutshell) at the talk on Monday night!  (All 3 kindly donated by
O'Reilly.)  Proceeds will go to The Perl Foundation.
http://www.perlfoundation.org/gc/grants/benefits.html  If you are
interested, remember to bring your chequebook and/or cash.

Thanks to everyone who came out yesterday to see Damian talk about Perl
6!  I got a lot of feedback that it was very informative and that Perl 6
looks like it's going to be one heck of a language.  Thanks especially
for everyone who hung in there for the duration (about 5.5 hours).
Monday night's talk will stick to schedule, so don't worry folks.

Cheers,
Richard