DNS/Email transfer problem; sender's domain doesn't exist??

Fraser Campbell fraser-eicrhRFjby5dCsDujFhwbypxlwaOVQ5f at public.gmane.org
Thu Jul 15 15:32:05 UTC 2004

On July 15, 2004 10:32 am, Lennart Sorensen wrote:

> I wonder if the fact that the whois record for the domain lists just the
> names of the nameservers, and not the IPs which it usually does (in my
> experience).

I'm quite certain that it's not working because of the fact that the domain
has expired and the consequent fact that none of the root servers contain
*any* information about the domain:

  host -t ns com. | awk '{print $3}' | while read ns;  do \
      host nouvelocity.com $ns \
  done

  nouvelocity.com does not exist at B.GTLD-SERVERS.NET (Authoritative answer)
  nouvelocity.com does not exist at C.GTLD-SERVERS.NET (Authoritative answer)
  nouvelocity.com does not exist at D.GTLD-SERVERS.NET (Authoritative answer)
  no uvelocity.com does not exist at E.GTLD-SERVERS.NET (Authoritative answer)
  nouvelocity.com does not exist at F.GTLD-SERVERS.NET (Authoritative answer)
  nouvelocity.com does not exist at G.GTLD-SERVERS.NET (Authoritative answer)
  nouvelocity.com does not exist at H.GTLD-SERVERS.NET (Authoritative answer)
  nouvelocity.com does not exist at I.GTLD-SERVERS.NET (Authoritative answer)
  nouvelocity.com does not exist at J.GTLD-SERVERS.NET (Authoritative answer)
  nouvelocity.com does not exist at K.GTLD-SERVERS.NET (Authoritative answer)
  nouvelocity.com does not exist at L.GTLD-SERVERS.NET (Authoritative answer)
  nouvelocity.com does not exist at M.GTLD-SERVERS.NET (Authoritative answer)
  nouvelocity.com does not exist at A.GTLD-SERVERS.NET (Authoritative answer)