DNS/Email transfer problem; sender's domain doesn't exist??

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Thu Jul 15 14:32:17 UTC 2004

On Wed, Jul 14, 2004 at 10:54:34PM -0400, Madison Kelly wrote:
> I know it's rare, that's what baffels me so much. I actually don't know
> what is wrong or what happened but like I said; the rest of the system
> seems fine. I'll dig up either another SCSI controller or a couple of
> IDE disks and test it later.
>
> In the meantime, the darn email to "nouvelocity.com" is still bouncing
> despite the pDNS server being replaced. It's making my boss kinda
> nervous, to say the least. The fun!

I wonder if the fact that the whois record for the domain lists just the
names of the nameservers, and not the IPs which it usually does (in my
experience).

Asking both name servers directly works, but it seems no other name
server is managing to get any info about the domain at all.

Are the name servers somehow configured to not delegate information to
other name servers?  in and/or outbound UDP/TCP dns traffic accidentally
blocked somewhere?

Lennart Sorensen