DNS/Email transfer problem; sender's domain doesn't exist??

Madison Kelly linux-5ZoueyuiTZhBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Tue Jul 13 17:50:34 UTC 2004

Hi all,

   I've noticed that occasionally mail sent from 'nouvelocity.com' gets
bounced back with the following error. When I saw this in the past it
was because of DNS issues but as best as I can see everything is
working. Anyone run across this before? Thanks!!

Madison

  =- Error (names changed to protect the innocent) -=
This is the Postfix program at host domain.com.

below could not be delivered to one or more destinations.

delete your own text from the message returned below.

The Postfix program

<info-Z/ri2g1+kVzocAvg7RY1XgC/G2K4zDHf at public.gmane.org>: host mail.anotherdomain.com[111.222.210.68]

said:

     553 5.1.8 <info-39QC8RyHzSPYv3AteYhma1aTQe2KTcn/@public.gmane.org>... Domain of sender address
     user-UqHW2wehKNmfJOJzLBvvIA at public.gmane.org does not exist (in reply to RCPT TO command)

      501 5.1.8 Sender domain must exist (in reply to MAIL FROM command)

<user.name-/Aqni/cABlKnS0EtXVNi6w at public.gmane.org>: host govonca2.gov.on.ca[192.75.156.245]

said:

      501 5.1.8 Sender domain must exist (in reply to MAIL FROM command)
  =- End Error -=