audio CDs won't mount or play

Jing Su jingsu-26n5VD7DAF2Tm46uYYfjYg at public.gmane.org
Wed Jul 7 13:54:04 UTC 2004

On Wed, 7 Jul 2004, Chris Aitken wrote:
> From: Chris Aitken <aitken-BwLjziHGQLusTnJN9+BGXg at public.gmane.org>
> Subject: [TLUG]: audio CDs won't mount or play
>
> I can mount data CDs, but audio CDs won't mount or play:
>
> Error. mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/cdrom,
> or too many mounted file systems.

You don't actually mount audio CDs.
In my gnome setup, if you just put the CD in, don't mount it, and double
click on the drive, it'll show you all the audio tracks.

You can play audio CDs via XMMS as well.  Right click on the "open"
button, and pick "Play Location", and type in "/dev/cdrom", it'll start
playing the audio CD.