TV Tuner and application

Peter L. Peres plp-ysDPMY98cNQDDBjDh4tngg at public.gmane.org
Sat Jan 31 18:56:12 UTC 2004

The battle order for video on linux is:

xawtv				{Application}
	bttv.o			{Module}
		i2c.o		{Module}
		videodev.o	{Module}

If your card is recognized then the command 'cat /proc/modules|grep bttv'
should yield one entry.

Then you can try to start xawtv from a console under X11 (kterm). If it
will have trouble it will say so. dmesg|less should yield info on the
found card and bttv driver. Example:

bttv0: Brooktree Bt848 (rev 18) bus: 0, devfn: 72, irq: 12, memory:
0xe4000000.
bttv: 1 Bt8xx card(s) found.
bttv0: model: BT848
iremocon: got major 254 for /dev/iremocon
bttv: /dev/iremocon V0.7a Alpha support (plp)

disregard the last two lines, they are generated by my iremocon driver
which you do not have.

So, again: try to start xawtv from a kterm. Observe messages. If it does
not work do dmesg|less and look for lines like above. If none of this
works, send some mail here and we will try to help.

Peter