martin & others please use other proper thread

Garth Meisel Garth-xsdjDKdUMl2akBO8gow8eQ at public.gmane.org
Sat Jan 31 19:20:52 UTC 2004

Peter, does this mean that it doesn't matter if KDE or Gnome or any of the
better desktops are installed and running?  Just so long as the minimum X
server is installed and running?
I'm asking because I'd like to throw a nice big security camera I came across
onto a system that is running a firewall, null server(Postfix), web server
and proxy on.  This particular machine was installed "text mode" only (SuSE
8.1) but does provide GUI's even though it was text only.  Did I hit a grey
zone again?  All I'd want to do is monitor the camera's view (in color).