strange problem removing files

Byron Sonne blsonne-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Thu Jan 29 17:06:21 UTC 2004

> I'm a bit confused on error message I get trying to remove files on a
> second hard-drive (a windows partition mounted on linux)

Do you have a <shudder> windows box around that you could mount the
thing on? If this were me, the first thing I'd want to do is to confirm
that the issue (or related weirdnesses) happens only on the Linux box.
If you mount it on the win box and it still acts odd, perhaps it's
buggered. But if it works fine, you can take some relief in knowing that
it's related to the linux box (either hardware or OS) and work from there.

Not particularly useful advice, I know...

--

For Good, return Good. For Evil, return Justice.