iptables firewall

Jeremy Wakeman cael-JTkAzvGkdyMrpQx6IzTi3laTQe2KTcn/ at public.gmane.org
Thu Jan 29 19:54:46 UTC 2004

Hi.

I have a small home network (a desktop and two laptops, plus a dmz'd http
server) that is connected to sympatico dsl (dynamic ip) via an old desktop
running coyote linux.  I just upgraded coyote from v1.32 (2.2.x kernel) to
v2.06 (2.4.x kernel), so I have had to rewrite all of my firewall rules
for iptables.  I found lots of great explanations online, and I've got a
working firewall that SEEMS to do everything I want it to.  However, this
is the first iptables firewall that I have setup, so I'd like to have a few
extra eyes check for mistakes and holes.

Anyone willing to check it out for me, the rules are here:
http://www.polarhome.com/~cael/firewall.txt

Here's what I'm trying to do:
internal network and dmz can connect to internet, masq'd (no restrictions)
internal network can connect to dmz (no restrictions)
internal network can connect to firewall (ssh & webadmin ports)
http, ssh, mangband ports forwarded from internet to dmz server

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
-Jeremy Wakeman

--

Jeremy John Wakeman