DNS, redux

Fraser Campbell fraser-Txk5XLRqZ6CsTnJN9+BGXg at public.gmane.org
Wed Jan 28 03:03:44 UTC 2004

On January 27, 2004 09:31 pm, Madison Kelly wrote:

>   The domain 'madisonave.ca' -was- pointing to the NS 'ns1|2.alteeve.com'
> but that was what I wanted to change with the updated zone files. At the
> time though the zone file's TTL was set to one week but that should have
> expired by now. The new zone files point to 'ns1|2.madisonave.ca' but
> the new zones won't propegate. Therein lies the problem... :)

Maybe I'm missing something but here's what I see ...

- madisonave.ca has dns servers ns1.alteeve.com and ns2.alteeve.com
- nameservers ns1.alteeve.com and ns2.alteeve.com do not exist

What you put in your zones files is meaningless since for the outside world
you have non-existent nameservers.  If you bring ns1.alteeve.com and
ns2.alteeve.com into existence that might be enough to make things work.  If
you bring ns1.alteeve.com and ns2.alteeve.com into existence that might be
enought to correct your issues.