CD burner for backups?

Phillip Mills pmills-5bG9SNWDbRX3fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org
Wed Jan 21 18:43:06 UTC 2004

Currently I back things up on my little network by copying files to an
old Mac that I've kept around because it's compatible with some old
peripherals.  I'd like to retire the machine, but its SCSI CD burner
needs to be replaced first.

My Dell box that runs SuSE 8.1 has a couple of USB ports (as do the
other Macs, as well as their Firewire ports), so I'm thinking something
external that works off USB at least and is supported on Linux.  (I'll
also want it supported on Mac, of course, but I think I can figure that
part out.)  Any suggestions or recommendations?