rogers cabal and blacklisting

Greg Franks rgfranks-cmaem7PIVQT44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Sat Jan 10 02:49:47 UTC 2004

    Kevin> BTW, how do you configure sendmail to handle the login form
    Kevin> of authentication to a remote SMTP server?

Something like this is "supposed" to work, but I haven't got it quite
nailed down:

define(`confAUTH_MECHANISMS', `DIGEST-MD5 CRAM-MD5 LOGIN PLAIN')dnl
define(`SMART_HOST',`fep04-mail.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com')dnl
define(`confDEF_AUTH_INFO', `/etc/mail/authinfo.txt')dnl

in /etc/mail/authinfo.txt...
--- 8< ---
gfranks-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
gfranks-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
paswword-goes-here
rogers.com

sendmail complained about not having compiled with libsasl, so I
reverted back to the plain version (for now).

google a bit -- that's where I got this stuff.

Good luck.
--
   __@               Greg Franks              <|       _~@ __O
 _`\<,_         Ottawa, Ontario, Canada        |O\   -^\<;^\<,